Saturday, September 18, 2010

Passive Solar- Design Concept

My passive solar home is located in Tangier, Morocco. This city is on the very northern coast of Africa. My clients are the Minkledorfs. Mary Sue, 55, is an artist and a single mother of Michael, 14. Michael is a burn survivor and gets around in his wheelchair and crutches.
The aesthetics for the home will be a simple/raw contemporary. The design must be sustainable, passive solar, and naturally barrier-free.

Warm hues, contrasting textures, simple, contemporary, warm climate.

I'm trying to come up with a design concept and have found a few possibilities, but none of them really sing out to me:

Crisp Sunrise
Vivid Dawn
Vibrant Sunrise
Vibrant Sunset
Glowing Dusk
Glowing Sanctuary
Secluded Sunrise
Secluded Retreat
Secret Sunrise
Moroccan Sunrise
Moroccan Retreat

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Naturally Effortless
    Natural appears effortless when combining the simplicity of contemporary with the culture of Morocco, in addition to creating a harmonious contrast. By using an abundance of natural light to lift and warm the space, warm hues are embraced and enhanced. Bringing the Moroccan landscape inside through the use of local materials emphasizes the dramatic view of the Mediterranean Sea and creates a natural focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Moroccan Sunrise but Naturally Effortless is beautiful and I really love the description. I think it really represents the emotion you are wanting to portray with the space. You are so good with words my little song writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and how did you come up with the name of your clients?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember if I told you this on the phone the other day or not BUT I was interviewing my "clients" and let them choose their "names." Haha! It cracked me up when she chose Mary Sue! And my roommate came up with the last name Minkledorf. Just random. :)

    ReplyDelete